Generated Column update

Hey all,
I’ve been having a bit of an issue figuring out how to go about this, I’d like to have a “totals” column on a table, which is updated when the fields associated with it are changed.

So I create a generated column on my table, but the only way i’ve found to update it, is when refreshRowCache() is called on the table. The issue is, if I override the field factory, and add a value change listener on the necessary columns that feed into that total, to call a refreshRowCache(), it gets stuck in a loop.

Are there any other suggestions on how I should go about this?

Net effect I’m looking for, column1 * column 2 = total, if I change the value in either column 1 or 2, I want the total to reflect immediately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Adam

I’m sorry, I dont normally bump, but I’ve still been unable to find a good solution for this issue.

maybe you can take a look at this example?

http://demo.vaadin.com/book-examples/book/#component.table.generatedcolumns.extended

Wow… No idea how I overlooked that demo. I spent hours looking over all the generated column examples I could find, and didn’t see that one. I appreciate it, that is exactly what I need!