FTP connection

Hi guys,

I’m totally lost trying to make my app uploads and downloads files from a ftp server. I have an “eatj.com” free account. My app runs pretty well locally and uploads and downloads files to “/uploads” and “/downloads” folders respectively, but when I put my app online, the browser shows me this:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2r5ep2h.png
full image.

I’m a newbie, but I think that error is because I don’t make the connection to the ftp server, or not? like I said, locally it works!

I would be very gratefull if you guys can help me and maybe with some code. Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Sebastian.

First, I don’t think this has nothing to do with Vaadin or FTP, but the server filesystem permission: You simply cannot access the directories you mention.

I suggest you try some other folders inside the user home directory instead. You should probably maintain two different app configurations for directories (in web.xml, properties file, or somewhere): one for your development machine and one for eatj environment.

Hi Sami,

Thank you very much for your help. I’m going to try other directories.

Sebastian.

Hi,

Do you have any code to connect to FTP server with credentials and read/save files/directories using vaadin.

Can you share the code.

Br,
Sankar