formlayout in Vaadin 7

Hello,

I am currenlty working in a project to build up corpus analysis platform with the frontend developed in Vaadin. Until recently I experienced a quiet annoying bug I must confess, in which the formlayout expands the formlayout’s width outside the viewable area. In my case it expanded to twice the size of the screen. I checked all CSS entries and couldn’t quite figure out where this size was set (my guess is that the layout was set to 100%). Thus, I am not sure if it is a bug in the formlayout or not, but the fact is that I had this issue with all my formlayouts used within different layouts and components. To fix this problem I set the formlayouts width to an empty string (“”) to adjust this setting.
Can somebody guess where this behaviour is coming from and/or if this is actually a bug or just some wrong doing on my part?!
I am using Vaadin 7.1.0.

Greetings and thanks!

Michael

Hi,

considering that the example of FormLayout in Sampler (
http://demo.vaadin.com/sampler/#ui/layout/form-layout
) seems to size properly, I think you have an issue in your code or styles. Please try running your application with the default theme, and then use the vaadin debug window to check for any invalid layout conditions.

If you still can’t solve it, please post some code which reproduces the issue.