Failing to compile widgetset vaadin 7.7.9

Hi,

I’ve recently upgraded from version 7.6.6 to 7.7.9 and I’m having issues compiling the widgetset now.
I’m getting a series of errors that look like this:

`[INFO]
Compiling module com.jaytest.DashboardWidgetSet

[INFO]
Tracing compile failure path for type ‘com.google.gwt.validation.client.constraints.MinValidatorForNumber’

[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/C:/Users/j/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/external/gwt/gwt-user/2.7.0.vaadin5/gwt-user-2.7.0.vaadin5.jar!/com/google/gwt/validation/client/constraints/MinValidatorForNumber.java’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 27: No source code is available for type javax.validation.ConstraintValidatorContext; did you forget to inherit a required module?

[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/C:/Users/j/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/external/gwt/gwt-user/2.7.0.vaadin5/gwt-user-2.7.0.vaadin5.jar!/com/google/gwt/validation/client/constraints/AbstractMinValidator.java’

[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 30: No source code is available for type javax.validation.ConstraintValidator<A,T>; did you forget to inherit a required module?

[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 30: No source code is available for type javax.validation.constraints.Min; did you forget to inherit a required module?

[INFO]
Tracing compile failure path for type ‘com.google.gwt.validation.client.constraints.SizeValidatorForCollection’

[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/C:/Users/j/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/external/gwt/gwt-user/2.7.0.vaadin5/gwt-user-2.7.0.vaadin5.jar!/com/google/gwt/validation/client/constraints/SizeValidatorForCollection.java’

[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 31: No source code is available for type javax.validation.ConstraintValidatorContext; did you forget to inherit a required module?

[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/C:/Users/j/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/external/gwt/gwt-user/2.7.0.vaadin5/gwt-user-2.7.0.vaadin5.jar!/com/google/gwt/validation/client/constraints/AbstractSizeValidator.java’

[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 27: No source code is available for type javax.validation.constraints.Size; did you forget to inherit a required module?

[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 27: No source code is available for type javax.validation.ConstraintValidator<A,T>; did you forget to inherit a required module?`

I’ve tried adding the validator-api dependency and still get the same error.
These are my dependencies:

With ${vaadin.version} being: 7.7.9

`<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>
			<artifactId>vaadin-server</artifactId>
			<version>${vaadin.version}</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<artifactId>vaadin-shared</artifactId>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<artifactId>vaadin-client</artifactId>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>javax.validation</groupId>
			<artifactId>validation-api</artifactId>
			<version>1.0.0.GA</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<artifactId>vaadin-client-compiler</artifactId>
			<scope>provided</scope>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>`

And my vaadin-maven-plugin config:

`<plugin>
            <artifactId>vaadin-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            <configuration>
                <extraJvmArgs>-Xmx512M -Xss1024k</extraJvmArgs>
                <webappDirectory>${basedir}/target/classes/VAADIN/widgetsets</webappDirectory>
                <draftCompile>false</draftCompile>
                <compileReport>false</compileReport>
                <style>OBF</style>
            </configuration>
            <executions>
                <execution>
                    <goals>
                        <goal>update-theme</goal>
                        <goal>update-widgetset</goal>
                        <goal>compile</goal>
                        <goal>compile-theme</goal>
                    </goals>
                </execution>
            </executions>
        </plugin>`

Anyone have any idea as to why I’m getting these errors even with the validator-api being provided?
Thank you

Release notes https://vaadin.com/download/release/7.7/7.7.16/release-notes.html section GWT Dependency Changes, may give a hint, quoting:

The GWT dependencies for Vaadin are now provided as actual dependencies and not bundled with Vaadin packages. This means that you can override the GWT version in your own project if you want to. Note that the GWT Elemental is still partially bundled with shared package to avoid having the gwt-user as a dependency everywhere.

• Basic Vaadin server-side only use does not need any changes to your project.
  • Custom widgets and Add-ons should work just like before.
  • Projects that use GWT RPC or other utils from the com.google package should add gwt-servlet dependency
<dependency>
    <groupId>com.vaadin.external.gwt</groupId>
    <artifactId>gwt-servlet</artifactId>
    <version>2.7.0.vaadin7</version>
</dependency>
  • OSGi currently does not work with client and client-compiler packages. Those should not be used with OSGi.

Hey sorry tried a couple other things and couldn’t figure it out, so I just ended up upgrading to the vaadin 8 compatibility version and issue went away after that.