ExtFilteringTable Add-On

Hi,
I have added an add-on for a

ExtFilteringTable

. It is an enhancement of
FilteringTable
add-on. Some more features are added to the vaadin table component. User friendly methods are given to the customised table component to avail it.

The ExtFilteringTable add-on is having following features

1. Using of Double Header in table
  2. Using of Triple Header in table
  3. Using of checkbox in table all type of header.
  4. Using of radio button in table all type of header.
  5. Using of Freezing column in table.
  6. Using of Pagination in table.
  7. Using of Pagination in treetable.
  8. Using of filter bar in table.
  9. Using of expand and collapse icon in table header.

Important Note:

1. If you are using this plug-in, please strictly avoid using FilteringTable add-on which is available in vaadin add-ons because all the features available in FilteringTable add-on, all features are available here too.
  2. Please compile the widgetset.
  3. Make best use of the plug-in and let me know any doubts and issues you are facing on it.

Feedbacks are accepted…

Hello Everybody,
There was an widgetset issue in the version 1.0 and 1.1. Now in version 1.2 its resolved.

Hi,

Do you have the full code example? I cant find MyTableDTO class to try out your example.

thanks!

Please try the following link for full usage example and check the full customdemo directory.

extfilteringtable example

thanks!

Hi,
I use the addon with the DoubleHeaderMAP

I have a BeanItemContainer, where are my data is read from DB.
For the Table i setVisibleColumns for hiding some internal db columns.

table.setVisibleColumns(visibleColumns.toArray()); Then i create my Map for the double Header to display the Real DB Name of the column instead of the JPA name and some additional information in the Table Header second line:

[code]
Map<Object, Object> dHeaderMapVisibleColumns = new HashMap<Object, Object

();
for (String property : visibleColumns){
for (org.eclipse.persistence.mappings.DatabaseMapping dm : datamap) {
if (dm.getAttributeName().equals(property)){
dHeaderMapVisibleColumns.put(property, new Object{dm.getField().getName(), getAddInfo(dm.getField().getSqlType(), dm.getField().getLength())});
}
}
}
table.setDoubleHeaderMap(dHeaderMapVisibleColumns);
[/code]My Problem is now that i get a Nullpointer Exception :
[10.04.15 08:42:28:952 CEST]
00000066 DefaultErrorH E
java.lang.NullPointerException: Can not set visible columns map to null value
at com.vaadin.ui.ExtCustomTable.setDoubleHeaderMap(ExtCustomTable.java:6228)
at at.test.ZkvTableEdit.hideInternalColumnsAndReplaceNames(ZkvTableEdit.java:312)

I have checked now the amount of items in the visibleColumns Array and in the dHeaderMapVisibleColumns Map. They are the same.

Also the key in the map equals the entries in the visibleColumns Array.

Some idea concering this problem?
Have i missed something?

Thank you

Hi,

ok i have found the problem.
I have missed to set the DoubleHeaderVisibleColumns

table.setDoubleHeaderVisible(true); table.setDoubleHeaderVisibleColumns(visibleColumns.toArray()); The Exception is now gone, but i get now following Problem in the GUI where the Table should be displayed:

Widgetset ‘com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet’ does not contain implementation for org.asi.ui.extfilteringtable.ExtFilterTable. Check its component connector’s @Connect mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset. In case you have downloaded a vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer to add-on instructions.

I am using Vaadin 7.4.3

Any ideas?
Thank you

After some investigations i have solved the prob.
I compiled the widgetset and now i see the table.

Maybe my posts will help some other people to avoid the same mistakes.

There is something that fails in the widgetSet.

When I compile on maven project, in my WidgetSet file, the program puts:

It causes an error because this path doesn’t exist, the correct way It would be to put the next line:

There is some method to correct this error?

dear there is a widgetset issue in version 1.4 but it work fine in version 1.2

Hi, May I know what are the problem you are facing for widgetset.

I am going to release the version 1.5 on next month. I think it will solve your problem.

when i am compiling widget set in maven project then

entry will be replace from widgetset in 1.4 but in 1.3 it will be add automatically when compiling widgetset.

in ExtFilteringTable you are using addValueChangeListener so it filter table on lost focus of textfield
when i used getCustomFilterComponent method of ExtFilterGenerator and i used my own addTextChangeListener then both listerner are worked. so i have to remove addValueChangeListener. how can i do this ?

Hi everybody,

I’ve tested the addon with an older version, and it worked fine.
But, since I’ve passed to Vaadin version 7.6.0, I have a problem with the widgetset part.

In my Ivy file, I put :

<dependency org="org.asi.ui" name="extfilteringtable" rev="1.5" /> In my widgetset file, I have :

<inherits name="org.vaadin.hene.popupbutton.widgetset.PopupbuttonWidgetset" /> <inherits name="org.asi.ui.extfilteringtable.ExtFilteringTableWidgetSet" /> And now, I have this message on the UI :

Widgetset '***' does not contain implementation for com.vaadin.ui.ExtCustomTable.
Check its component connector's @Connect mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset.
In case you have downloaded a vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer to add-on instructions.

Somebody have an idea, or can help me ?

Currently i am using this addon in vaadin 7.5.0 but in 7.6.4 the widgetset issue occured.

Very soon I will update for the latest version of vaadin.

Have you updated the version of vaadin ?

Hi Abhiram,
any progress on this topic,
or would you recommend to stay away from this addon if we use Vaadin 7.6+ ?

Regards

Thanks for your patience. I have updated the version to 1.6. Now it support vaadin 7.6+ and OSGI.

I have updated the version to 1.6. Now it support vaadin 7.6+ and OSGI.

Excellent,
first tests look promising.

Thank you