Evaluation of the level of efficiency with which Vaadin translates the JA

Hello:

In recent weeks I’ve been learning Vaadin because I found its approach interesting: to make a web application only with java, without the need to program with html, java script or CSS. During this learning period, I have a question that I would like to share with all of you and know your criteria.

The doubt is related to the level of efficiency with which Vaadin generates the html code, java script and CSS; and the repercussion that this could have in the great applications for mobiles. I have reviewed the CSS code of some of the examples that Vaadin shows in your page, and I find it inefficient, or at least with many possibilities for improvement. Sometimes several components that have the same CSS design and Vaadin repeats the same CSS code for each of them, even though it is the same and could be reused. Will this level of inefficiency have an impact on a large Web application that must be displayed quickly on mobile phones? Let’s not think of a small web application, for those small applications the current average hardware eliminates any level of inefficiency, let’s think of large mobile applications that need to consume a lot of hardware resources, for example, geographic information systems. Would a web application consuming large amounts of resources be adequately visualized on a mobile?

I hope to receive your ideas and analysis.

Greetings.

It doesn’t really matter how big an application is in terms of the number of views. The reason for this is that only the stuff that is relevant for the current view is sent to the client.

What matters more is how much stuff is included in any single view. If this turns out to be a problem, it’s usually possible to reduce the complexity of a view by using lazy loading or by splitting the view up into several smaller parts for mobile use.