Empty Grid in 8.0.2

Hi folks,

I am really excited to upgrade to Vaadin 8. But I just can’t get the grid to display anything even in the most basic example (using Vaadin archetype) on neither Firefox or IE11. The only thing I see is Grid border (See attached)

In another caveat I was able to display the scrollbar on the right side if I populate grid with a lot of values but still no columns and rows. Here is my code

@Override protected void init(VaadinRequest vaadinRequest) {
final VerticalLayout layout = new VerticalLayout();
Label label = new Label("My Grid:");
ArrayList<Person> persons = new ArrayList<>();
persons.add(new Person());
Grid<Person> grid = new Grid<>();
grid.setItems(persons);
layout.addComponents(label, grid);
setContent(layout);
}
static class Person { String name = "Name"; String lastName = "LastName"; }

31601.jpg

Hi,

try defining some columns with grid.addColumn

-Olli

I’m not sure why your Person class is static our if that has any impact, but what happens if you change line 5 to
Grid grid = new Grid<>(Person.class)?

You might still need to add the columns using grid.addColumn(“name”) etc. - I don’t remember if that constructor automatically add columns in Vaadin 8 and I’m not at a computer to check.

Thanks.

Adding the Person.class and defining the POJO as a separate public class has done the trick

Apparaently the POJO MUST be public for it to work. Strange! I get this otherwise
java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class com.vaadin.data.BeanPropertySet can not access a member of class Vaadin8Learning.Person with modifiers "
public
"