Deploying Vaadin Flow app using eclipse

Need help deploying my Vaadin Flow project in Eclipse. Does anyone have instructions on how to deploy to my Vaadin Flow app using Eclipse? I’m putting it on a Jelastic Server

Hi! Looks like they have changed their name and are called “Virtuozzo” nowadays. I found the documentation here:

www.virtuozzo.com/application-platform-docs/java-center/#java-application-deployment

Looks like you have several server options to choose from if you are deploying a war package. Or alternatively “Java Engine” which I think could work with Spring Boot jar packages.

Thank you so much for responding. How would I deploy a frontend vaadin flow app? I’ve found the files after my build in the target/classes/META-INF/VAADIN/Webapp/ folder. In that folder I have index.html file and my build files, but when I upload this folder to my server I get a “Requested URL was not found”. My app runs perfect on my laptop and I placed it in production mode. I can’t seem to get it to work online. I know I’m missing something simple I just can’t figure it out. Any ideas?

Thank you again. I really appreciate your response. Another question, I’m using eclipse to build my Vaadin project. I was able to change my pom file to generate my war file but I’m getting an error when I deploy it to my Jelastic server “The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.” My question is do I need to follow the instructions on deplying it as a spring boot or as a regular war file?

I was able to figure it out. Here is what I did to fix my issue:

I was using Eclipse to build, clean and create the jar file for my project. I realized that you need to run this command: mvn clean package -Pproduction from the terminal and clear out all errors and then upload that created jar file to spring boot server (which is different from the normal tomcat server in Jelastic). After I did this I was able to deploy my jar file and access it from my url. I pray this helps someone else who is using eclipse and Jelastic.

1 Like