demo.vaadin.com/touchkit-sampler not available

I am getting a status 404 - resource is not available…

HTTP Status 404 - /touchkit-sampler
type Status report
message /touchkit-sampler
description The requested resource is not available.
Apache Tomcat (TomEE)/7.0.55 (1.7.0)

Hi,

This sounds like some really, really old demo application that has been sitting on the server, and someone has finally cleaned it up from there. At least I’m not aware that such a demo should be available.

Hi, Jouni,

it is referenced in the Vaadin book

Alright, thanks for pointing that out to me, I wasn’t aware of that!

I’ll try to get a hold of the right person who owns that particular demo app.

It’s not an old demo and it should be running. I’ll investigate what’s the problem.

Ok, it’s back there again, I don’t know why it was removed.

But for another problem, the source repository has gone missing, which should not happen… The sources are currently available from
https://github.com/samie/touchkit-sampler
, but they’ll be moved to a more official repository.

it is back, or maybe not…

i get the following when I try to run it

Widgetset ‘com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet’ does not contain implementation for com.vaadin.addon.touchkit.ui.TabBarView. Check its component connector’s @Connect mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset. In case you have downloaded a vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer to add-on instructions.

There seems to be a problem with clearing the Chrome app-cache automatically in some situations when the application is changed - or something.

You can clear the app cache manually by entering “chrome://appcache-internals/” in the location bar and then removing all manifests related to the TouchKit application (in this case the demo).

That is obviously not something a user should ever have to do, so this is worth a ticket. I just don’t know the exact situation in which it occurs.

The demo works just fine with Firefox.

all is working

thanks

Hi guys,

Do you know which is the ticket for “Widgetset ‘com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet’ does not contain implementation for com.vaadin.addon.touchkit.ui.TabBarView.” ?

Asking because i got the same issue in my application and don’t know how to solve it.