custom css overwritten by default?

EDIT: for some odd reason i can’t use the “new thread” button from FF3.6.8. Forum bug?

EDIT2: It has come down to:
a) Is there a better way to not let there overwrite my padding, than using them myself?
.v-app input.v-textfield, .v-window input.v-textfield, .v-app textarea.v-textarea, .v-window textarea.v-textarea, .nr
I don’t think i need all that perhaps, then what’s the logic of them overwriting me?
b) Found out that element.style {width:2em;} is set by setColumns(2), and also you can set html tag attributes in css, like maxlength=“2”, which isn’t really a bother.

In conclusion, which is the proper group of classes to overwrite to achieve what i need w/o overkill?

I can’t get my attributes to stick to the control, although i created a custom theme and inported the reindeer styles.css, attempting to overwrite.
The control in question is a TextField(an input)
The class that all needs to apply is this:

.nr {
	background:url("../mytheme/img/bilaw_32.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
	color:#000000;
	display:inline-block;
	height:32px;
	margin:0;
	padding:0;
	text-align:center;
	vertical-align:middle;
	border:none;
	width:32px;

What i want is to have only those attributes set first, how do i achieve this?

element.style {
width:2em;
}
.v-app input.v-textfield, .v-window input.v-textfield, .v-app textarea.v-textarea, .v-window textarea.v-textarea {
padding:3px 3px 4px;
}
styles.css (line 5126)
.v-app input[type="text"]
, .v-app input[type="password"]
, .v-app input[type="reset"]
, .v-app select, .v-app textarea, .v-window input[type="text"]
, .v-window input[type="password"]
, .v-window input[type="reset"]
, .v-window select, .v-window textarea {
[s]
padding:2px;
[/s]
}
styles.css (line 448)
.v-app .v-textfield-focus, .v-window .v-textfield-focus, .v-popupview-popup .v-textfield-focus, .v-app .v-textarea-focus, .v-window .v-textarea-focus, .v-popupview-popup .v-textarea-focus {
background-color:#FFFFFF;
border-color:#4F83B4 #5B97D0 #5CA0DF;
outline:medium none;
}
styles.css (line 5132)
.v-app, .v-window, .v-popupview-popup, .v-tooltip, .v-app input, .v-app select, .v-app button, .v-app textarea, .v-window input, .v-window select, .v-window button, .v-window textarea, .v-popupview-popup input, .v-popupview-popup select, .v-popupview-popup button, .v-popupview-popup textarea, .v-filterselect-suggestpopup, .v-datefield-popup, .v-contextmenu, .v-Notification, .v-menubar-submenu, .v-drag-element {
color:#222222;
font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Tahoma,Verdana,sans-serif;
font-size:12px;
line-height:normal;
}
styles.css (line 2665)
.nr {
border:medium none;
[s]
[/s]
[s]
[/s]
[s]
[/s]
}

If i go like this:

.v-app input.v-textfield, .v-window input.v-textfield, .v-app textarea.v-textarea, .v-window textarea.v-textarea, .nr {
	[s]
[/s]
}

most get set, except width, that gets overwritten by element.style {width:2em;} which is set either by textFields’s setMaxLength(2) or setColumn(2), that makes the input field look odd again, because the other controls (some labels overlap partially because of the overwriting width i suppose.

Seems i needed some specificity, only on the distinctive class, which probably took overwrite priority over the other bulk of classes that was my problem:

div.v-horizontallayout div div input.nr {
	font-size: x-large;
    font-weight: bold;
}

P.S. Also the <<i can’t use the “new thread” button from FF3.6.8>> problem is gone :grin:
Either it was caught on fast, or me changing password fixed some problem with it.