com.vaadin.client.VConsole SEVERE: Server response didn't contain an id

HI,

I am trying to navigate through views in my application and I suddenly get this in the console of debugger like:
com.vaadin.client.VConsole SEVERE: Server response didn’t contain an id

And I getting this error message at the top of my page.
Communication problem Take note of any unsaved data, and click here or press ESC to continue.
I am using VAADIN 7.2.0 And I was on 7.1.13 before with the same error. Please I need anyone’s suggestion to solve this issue it’s really annoying.

Thanks all

Hi,

do you get any messages in the server logs, browser console, debug window or anywhere else? Anything which could shed some light on what happens?

I think the “SEVERE: Server response didn’t contain an id” message is just a side effect of the communication problem which is caused by something else.

I found out that the problem occurs when the connection or communication method is XHR but when I use

pushmode
manual

In my web.xml the connection or communication method becomes poll. And this communication error does not show again. But I am not using the push functionality in my code. It has simple crud operations wtih some navigation between different views.

By the way that error was showing in the browser debug console not in tomcat console.

thanks for your reply.

I also have this in my tomcat console when I updated to 7.2.0

SEVERE: If you have more than one Connector enabled, make sure they both use the same protocol, e.g NIO/APR or HTTP for all. If not, org.atmosphere.container.BlockingIOCometSupport will be used and cannot be changed.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Tomcat failed to detect this is a Comet application because context.xml is missing or the Http11NioProtocol Connector is not enabled.You must use the atmosphere-native-runtime dependency in order to use native Comet Support
If that's not the case, you can also remove META-INF/context.xml and WEB-INF/lib/atmosphere-compat-tomcat7.jar
    at org.atmosphere.container.Tomcat7CometSupport.<clinit>(Tomcat7CometSupport.java:56)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
    at org.atmosphere.cpr.DefaultAsyncSupportResolver.newCometSupport(DefaultAsyncSupportResolver.java:225)
    at org.atmosphere.cpr.DefaultAsyncSupportResolver.resolveMultipleNativeSupportConflict(DefaultAsyncSupportResolver.java:316)
    at org.atmosphere.cpr.DefaultAsyncSupportResolver.resolveNativeCometSupport(DefaultAsyncSupportResolver.java:300)
    at org.atmosphere.cpr.DefaultAsyncSupportResolver.resolve(DefaultAsyncSupportResolver.java:279)
    at org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereFramework.autoDetectContainer(AtmosphereFramework.java:1591)
    at org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereFramework.init(AtmosphereFramework.java:717)
    at org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereFramework.init(AtmosphereFramework.java:614)
    at com.vaadin.server.communication.PushRequestHandler.<init>(PushRequestHandler.java:120)
    at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServletService.createRequestHandlers(VaadinServletService.java:92)
    at com.vaadin.server.VaadinService.init(VaadinService.java:180)
    at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.createServletService(VaadinServlet.java:190)
    at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.init(VaadinServlet.java:96)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1190)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1103)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:813)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:135)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:164)
    at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:462)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:563)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:399)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:317)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:204)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:182)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:311)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)