Chrome 23 button label showing ellipsis under Vaadin 6.8.5

I hadn’t noticed before, but several of our small buttons (with an icon) are showing an ellipsis for the labels only in Chrome (I’m running version 23.0.1271.64). They render fine in Firefox 16, IE 9, Opera 12, and Safari 5.1.7.

It is odd, too, because, the label may be “Refresh” but it shows instead “Refre…” – the missing “sh” must not be much longer than the “…” that replaces it.

I am using the Chameleon Theme.

My CSS entries:

.UserSessionView .searchBar { margin: 2px; font-size: 8pt; }
.UserSessionView .searchBar .v-textfield { font-size: 8pt; }

Simple code:

HorizontalLayout searchBar = new HorizontalLayout();
	    	searchBar.addStyleName("searchBar");
	    	searchBar.setSpacing(true);
	    	searchBar.setMargin(false);

refreshButton = new Button(vaadinApp.getMsg("button.refresh.label"));
	    	refreshButton.setIcon(new ThemeResource(vaadinApp.getMsg("button.refresh.icon")));
	    	refreshButton.setDescription(vaadinApp.getMsg("button.refresh.tooltip"));
	    	refreshButton.setStyleName(ChameleonTheme.BUTTON_SMALL);
	    	refreshButton.addStyleName(ChameleonTheme.BUTTON_DEFAULT);
	    	refreshButton.setClickShortcut(KeyCode.ENTER);
	    	refreshButton.addListener( new Button.ClickListener() {			
				@Override
				public void buttonClick(ClickEvent event) {
					container.refresh();
					vaadinApp.showStatus(getWindow(),vaadinApp.getMsg("UserSessionView.refreshButton.todoCount",container.size()));
				}
			});
	    	searchBar.addComponent(refreshButton);

Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks for any tips!
12635.png

Anybody have Vaadin have an idea about this? Seems as this is definitely an issue in the Chameleon Theme for Chrome.

Confirmed that this bug still affects Chrome under the new Vaadin 6.8.6 release using the Chameleon Theme.

The image below shows that under the Reindeer Theme the bug does not appear on Chrome.
12689.png

Please
create a ticket

is there any update for this issue ?

I didn’t find a ticket with a quick search, so most likely nothing has been done.

If a problem is only reported on the forum but no ticket created once confirmed, it tends to disappear among the thousands of other messages in the forum.