Chrome 11 and StreamResource bug

Hi, I’m new to Vaadin and I just tried using a StreamResource, as in http://vaadin.com/book/-/page/application.resources.html par. 4.5.5, because I have a JFreeChart image to display.
With Firefox 3.6 all is ok, but with Chrome 11 even the example of Vaadin Book doesn’t work after a page refresh. First rendering is OK, but after page reloading streamed image is not present anymore.
Is this a Vaadin bug or a Chrome or GWT bug?

Chrome is a W3C DOM compliant Web browser, so I would say that this comes from Vaadin.
But this is just a supposition.

Without a more detailed investigation I cannot say what is the issue. But if you are displaying jfreecharts I’d suggest you to use my jfreechart addon. Refreshing works there in chrome. Don’t know though why would one want to refresh modern web apps…

http://vaadin.com/directory#addon/jfreechart-wrapper-for-vaadin

cheers,
matti

Thanks for the info of JFreeChart plugin, I didn’t know about his existence.
But I have this problem even with the example from the book of vaadin, without JFreeChart…

Hi,

I tried the book example with fresh project (Vaadin 6.6 + tomcat 6) and it worked fine for me. Both in win7 and on mac. Can’t guess what could cause it.

cheers,
matti

I don’t know why but still not working with fresh project, Vaadin 6.6, tomcat 6.0.32, jdk 1.6.0_25 or 1.5.0_22 and latest chrome 11 on win7 64bit…

Hi,

You could use the webkits “firebug” to inspect what is happening there (open e.g. via right click → inspect element). Rather hard to debug that without being able to reproduce the issue.

cheers,
matti

Hi,

I have the exact same problem with Google Chrome 12.0.742.100 and Vaadin 6.6.2. When I try the 4.5.5 Stream Resources example from the book of Vaadin it only shows the images the first time I load the application. But if I reload the page the image disappears.

What is even more strange is that when I examine the image “myimage.png” with Google Chrome’s developer tools, under the “Resources”-tab,

the image “myimage.png” gets listed under the “Image”-label the first time I visit the page.

But if I reload the page the image “myimage.png” becomes listed under the “Other”-label?!?

It is like Chrome doesn’t understand that it is an image anymore.

However if I go directly to the image url, the example works just fine.
When I reload the image the text gets updated as the example intended.