CDI deployment failure:Enclosing method not found.

I get the above message frequently, when bulding and deploying my Vaadin application to a Glassfish 4.1 server. I’m using NetBeans with Maven, and when I get this error I must do a mvn clean install, as well as restart the glassfish domain. Needless to say, this is a pain, both time consumming and unnecessary.
Anyone have any idea what might be causing this error and what I can do to avoid it?

Hi,

What exactly are you doing when thies happens? Have you tried using a tool called JRebel to help with class changes?

cheers,
matti

Nothing unusual - coding, making changes, debugging, normal development stuff. Then suddenly I’ll do a build and then deploy to the glassfish server, and I get the error. I tried a number of things, from manually deleting all files from the server that had anything to do with the application, and restarting the domain, to doing clean/install from the netbeans side. The problem only completely goes away when I do the clean/install and a domain restart on the glassfish domain. Then I can redeploy and continue the development process for a while. I have no idea if the problem is netbeans, maven, vaadin, glassfish, or a combination.
Haven’t used JRebel, and confess to not knowing what it is.

Sounds weird. Without any other details I have no other can only usggest to raise the same question on GlassFish and NetBeans forums/mailing lists.

cheers,
matti