cant get project created from vaadin-archetype-sample to work: widgetset

Requested resource [VAADIN/widgetsets/com.skillkash.ge.gm.gwt.ColorPickerWidgetSet/com.skillkash.ge.gm.gwt.ColorPickerWidgetSet.nocache.js]
not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.

Steps to recreate:

1. have the latest eclipse helios with m2eclipse plugin.
  2. file->new->other->Maven Project-
  3. chose vaadin-archetype-sample
  4. project loads up in eclipse
  5. run as->Maven package
  6. Project properties->Server assign my local tomcat 6 server.
  7. run as-> run on server.
  8. tomcat loads up, and a webpage loads up in clipse with a spinning graphic in the center, and a message pops up:

Requested resource [VAADIN/widgetsets/com.skillkash.ge.gm.gwt.ColorPickerWidgetSet/com.skillkash.ge.gm.gwt.ColorPickerWidgetSet.nocache.js]
not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.

Any documentation on how to get this sample working?

Anyone know where I might find a widgetset and/or theme, and how I can add it to the pom.xml as a dependency?

Is ther eany documentation for how to run these sample apps?

Do we recommend not using maven, so we can manaully hack the classpath etc?

Thanks.

The development team of Vaadin hasn’t been using Maven, but an increasing number of projects using Vaadin are.

The widgetset (the javascript engine that runs on the browser) is compiled from the source code, and is not distributed separately.

You could try the latest version of the archetype, which uses the 1.3-SNAPSHOT version of the GWT Maven plugin. This fixes some situations where a widgetset is not compiled when it should be. You can also try to compile it manually with “mvn gwt:compile” (if I remember correctly), but with the latest version, that should not be necessary.

To run the example, it should be enough to create the project from the archetype and run e.g. “mvn clean package tomcat:run”.