Cannot compile Gecko1_8 Widgetset

Hi everyone,
i’m using Vaadin for the first time. I’ve been compiling, till now, the widgetset just the safari user agent.

Now, i’d like to compile for every browser, so i commented out the user.agent line in my
project
.gwt.xml file. Now the xml file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 1.7.0//EN" "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.7.0/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
<module>
    <inherits name="com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet" />
    <!-- <set-property name="user.agent" value="safari"/> -->
    
    <inherits name="org.vaadin.teemu.geolocation.GeolocationWidgetset" />

    <inherits name="org.vaadin.hezamu.googlemapwidget.widgetset.GooglemapwidgetWidgetset" />
</module>

Then, even upon recompiling, republishing the application on my localhost, cleaning, etc, whenever i open Firefox on my Mac, but also on windows, i get an error that says:

ERROR: Possible problem with your *.gwt.xml module file.
The compile time user.agent value (safari) does not match the runtime user.agent value (gecko1_8). Expect more errors.

I also tried compiling just with the gecko1_8 user.agent, but nothing changed. My firefox version is 9.0.1.

How can i fix it?

Thanks a lot,
Iacopo

Hmm, anyone? I noticed that, using the verbose compilation, i actually shows just 1 compilation step when, as i read around, there should be around 6…

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Check whether the GeolocationWidgetset (or GooglemapwidgetWidgetset) configures the user.agent parameter to only contain “safari”. You can find its .gwt.xml file in the add-on JAR.

Hmm, checked them both, and neither have the user.agent set to Safari… They actually have it commented out…

Tho it must be one of the two widgetsets, cos if i comment them out in the app .gwt.xml, i get the 6 compilations… Will look further into this :wink:

Thanks for the heads up!

Awesome, i just removed and re-added the google map widget jar, and now it works!

Thanks once more!

You can also override the setting, but note that the order of setting it vs. inheriting other widgetsets does matter in that case.

This seems related to
this other post