Can not edit a TextField column if added to a a TreeGrid with addComponentHierarchyColumn. Bug?

If adding my column with addComponentColumn editing the text works fine, but if adding as a hierarchy column to have ability to collapse/expand the node, the added text field can not be edited. Is this a known limitation or a bug?

As workaround I guess I could have a non-labeled column with only expand/collapse controls. Will not give the nice text indentation, but might be good enough.

I would guess that nobody has ever tried or considered this.

I think when you click on the Hierarchy it open/close the node. You can avoid this: TreeGrid should support expand/collapse trigger on icon click only · Issue #1091 · vaadin/flow-components · GitHub

Probably this workaround is the easiest TreeGrid Item Clicklistener only fires for leaf nodes · Issue #1684 · vaadin/flow-components · GitHub

I’m using vaadin 24, and expand / collapse is working as expected … that is; only when clicking on the > and v … when clicking on the label part (TextField) the node is selected as expected but no expand / collapse. But one comment to the fix you pointed at says: “The work around provided above has a side effect: User can’t select the text in the column because pointer-events: none” … could be the issue.

vaadin-grid-tree-toggle {
    pointer-events: none;
}

vaadin-grid-tree-toggle::part(toggle) {
    pointer-events: auto;
}

vaadin-grid-tree-toggle > vaadin-text-field {
    pointer-events: auto;
}

as a shared css (@CssImport in the MainLayout) should fix it

OK, thanks for tip … testing it! Will get back w result asap.

Tested and works fine, thanks for fast help!