browser refresh reloads the login page

I am having Login authentication in my application , once the login succeeds we re-set the contents of the Window.

On Chrome when i do a refresh (click on the browser refresh button ) after login , the application goes back to the login page.

But on Firefox on refresh , it just refreshes the window contents and does not go back to login.

Obviously we don’t want the user to re-login on refresh.

Has anyone else encountered this issue on chrome & knows how to address this ?

Any help is appreciated.

-Anurag

Solution In my case set the following in the context.xml

<Context
sessionCookiePathUsesTrailingSlash=‘false’
>

Hi,

I have the same problem. I think this is because the application is restarted on Chrome, as Firefox do when adding ?restartApplication parameter in the URL. This also happens in Opera browser. Anyway, I don’t know how to solve it neither.

Which Vaadin version, Firefox version, Opera version?
Can you reproduce it in different applications? In a simplified version of your application or in a trivial test application?

Same here with Vaadin 6.8.0:

Chrome 20: restart
Opera 11.62: restart
Safari 5.1.7: restart
IE 9: restart
FF 13: ok

I tested it with the 2 apps I made so far with Vaadin: only one has this behaviour! I have to find out what the differences are. Maybe Henri has an idea where I should take a deeper look?

Regards

Andreas

EDIT: [QUESTION SOLVED]
The example works as expected. Now I have to extrapolate this results to my application, I think my error is in my loginform. I use the LoginListener instead of constructing my own login box so I couldn’t implement my ButtonClickListener as the example shows.

I’m trying to implement a very simple app for testing this problem based on this example:
Authenticating Vaadin based applications
but using HttpServletRequestListener instead of TransactionListener as in
ThreadLocal Pattern
, but I don’t know where I should set the MianWindow.

Should be something like this?:

public class SmaappApplication extends Application implements HttpServletRequestListener{

private static ThreadLocal<SmaappApplication> currentApplication = new ThreadLocal<SmaappApplication> ();

public void init (){
		setInstance(this);
		setMainWindow(new SMSWindow());
	}

// @return the current application instance	  	
	public static SmaappApplication getInstance() { 		
		return currentApplication.get(); 	
	} 	 	 

// Set the current application instance 	
	public static void setInstance(SmaappApplication application) { 					
		currentApplication.set(application); 		
	} 

public void onRequestStart(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) {
		SmaappApplication.setInstance(this);     
	}

public void onRequestEnd(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) {
		currentApplication.remove();     
	}

}

Sorry for my question, I’m very beginner!!

Thanks in advance.

Check if the following works , in my case once i set the following in the context.xml

The issue was not seen

Hi Anurag,

that did the trick for me! Thanks a lot!

Andreas