Best way to make empty space in a Table striped?

I am using plenty of Table components in my current project.
Table is a really nice replacement for JTable, and I find that many tasks are much easier to accomplish in Vaadin than in Swing.

However, so far I have not found a way to make the entire body of the table uniformly striped. The stripes stop right after the last item, and the rest of the table is just white space. This looks ugly if I am displaying just a few items.

Is there an easy way to make the Table behave just like tables in, say, iTunes where the entire background is striped?

The easiest way would be to use
Chameleon Theme
and then do
Table.addStyleName(“striped”)

Correction: the “striped” style will not make the empty space in the table striped. It will just produce ‘themed’ striping instead of the very light striping already present in the Reindeer theme.

To the question itself, unfortunately I could not come up with any good ideas on how to stripe the empty space. If the table is not selectable you could maybe fill the table with dummy items with empty property values.

Tepi

If you know the pixel height of the rows, and all rows have the same height, you can use a background image for the whole table body element which has alternating row color.