Addons errors filteringtable

Hi all,
I am trying to use a filteringtable addons @https://vaadin.com/directory/#addon/filteringtable developed by Teppo Kurki.

I got the following error when I comment out this part in web.xml

Widgetset does not contain implementation for org.tepi.filtertable.FilterTable. Check its @ClientWidget mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset. In case you have downloaded a vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer to add-on instructions. Unrendered UIDL:
-Unrendered UIDL
-org.tepi.filtertable.FilterTable(NO CLIENT IMPLEMENTATION FOUND) id=PID3 width=100.0% immediate=true selectmode=multi cols=1 rows=15 firstrow=0 totalrows=99 pagelength=15 colheaders=true rowheaders=true colfooters=false vcolorder={0:1,} pb-ft=0 pb-l=14

If I leave
Application widgetset widgetset org.tepi.filtertable.gwt.FilterTableWidgetset in web.xml

then I got this info in the console and there is nothing shown in the screen.

NFOS: Requested resource [VAADIN/widgetsets/org.tepi.filtertable.gwt.FilterTableWidgetset/org.tepi.filtertable.gwt.FilterTableWidgetset.nocache.js]
not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add fi

Thank you very much,
Paul
17718.jpg

When adding a new addon to your project, you’ll need to compile that into what we call a widgetset. If you have used the Vaadin Eclipse plugin or Maven archetype to generate your project, this should be done fairly automatically when you add the dependency. You can try to run the widgetset compile manually through the Vaadin Eclipse plugin or by doing a full clean intall in maven.

Hope that helps. If not, please post some more information on how your project is set up.

Hi Marcus,
“When adding a new addon to your project, you’ll need to compile that into what we call a widgetse”
Thank you for your answer. How do I compile it into a widgetset manually?

Best regards,
Paul

When you use the Eclipse plugin there should be a button with an icon looking like two cogs. When you click on it or use the dropdown with the arrow to its right you can select compile widgetset. The button is probably somewhere in the “icon button” row below File, Edit, Navigate, …

I don’t use Eclipse so i don’t have that addon.

I do have this error

Failed to load the widgetset: /VAADIN/widgetsets/org.tepi.filtertable.gwt.FilterTableWidgetset/org.tepi.filtertable.gwt.FilterTableWidgetset.nocache.js?1420816214951

Does it say anything to you?

Dear,

I could now see the FilterTable but there is still an error popup on the screen.

Best regards,
Paul
17726.png

Hi,

can you confirm that you have compiled the widgetset with the filterintable add-on present in the classpath? How does your widgetset definition file look ([yourwidgetsetname]
.gwt.xml)?

-tepi

Hi Teppo,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes , I confirm that have compiled the widgetset with the filterintable add-on present in the classpath by the command
mvn gwt:compile.

. I have a FilterTableWidgetSet.gwt.xml with its content. I don’t create a new widgetset. I just use your FilterTable in my application.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Best regards,
Paul

Did you also run vaadin:update-widgetset before gwt:compile?
More information:
https://vaadin.com/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Using%20Vaadin%20with%20Maven

Hi,

I’m not 100% sure but I think you still need a .gwt.xml file for the project in addition to the one provided by the addon. The vaadin:update-widgetset suggested by Marius should create this.

-tepi

Hi all,

Thank you for your answer, Yes I did run vaadin:update-widgetset .

Hi,

you state that your widgetset definition file is named “FilterTableWidgetSet” but vaadin seems to be looking for “FilterTableWidgetset” (lower case s). These are case-sensitive so could be just a typo?

-tepi

Hi Teppo,
No, I have changed to these names the same. The problem is not solved.

BTW you said "I’m not 100% sure but I think you still need a .gwt.xml file for the project in addition to the one provided by the addon. ". Is there any convention, rules on naming, location and set out the content of a new gwt.xml?

Thank you very much,
Paul

Hi All

I’ve run:

mvn clean vaadin:compile vaadin:update-widgetset install

But am still getting the error:
"Widgetset ‘com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet’ does not contain implementation for org.tepi.filtertable.FilterTable. "

What’s the correct procedure to install this addon into my existing app. From what’s I’ve read, this should work?

I’m using Vaadin 7.4.8. I’ve managed to get the code working with the sample from Github, but it fails when trying to integrate with my app.

I fixed my error as folllow
on portlet.xml

vaadin.resources.path PORTLET_CONTEXT UI com.MyPortlet

on the main MyPortlet
MyPortlet
@Theme(“mytheme”)
@Widgetset(“com.MyPortlet.AppWidgetSet”)