Adding Invient Charts (jar file)

Hi,

I want to use Invient Charts in my Java code and to include the jar (invientcharts-0.8.6.jar) I have done the following

1. Placed invientcharts-0.8.6.jar in Widget’s lib folder
  2. In the MANIFEST.MF of the Widget added the invientcharts-0.8.6.jar in Classpath (Runtime tab)
  3. In the exported packages of the widget I can see com.invient.vaadin.charts, com.invient.vaadin.charts.widgetset and com.invient.vaadin.charts.widgetset.client.ui
  4. Compiled the Widget and I can see the Widget xml has been embedded with
  5. Now when I go to my project where I want to use the invient charts, in the MANIFEST.MF, in the extra classpath entries I add the invientcharts-0.8.6.jar from the widget but I can’t see the invient chart entries to import in the imported packages. As I result when I try and use the charts I do not get any error but at runtime the chart.addcomponent does not work.

Any ideas? What am I missing or doing wrong?
Please help.

Well, for starters there is no need to modify your manifest files. Please take a look at
this page
for instructions on how to use add-ons. Additionally, Invient Charts needs a bit of extra configuration and files, there are many threads on the forum that discuss this topic, such as
this
and
this

I have to change MANIFEST.MF as I do not use web.xml. Also since I cannot import the packages in my project from the widget, I get NoClassDefFoundError

16-Nov-2012 15:53:50 com.vaadin.Application terminalError
SEVERE: Terminal error:
com.vaadin.event.ListenerMethod$MethodException
Cause: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/invient/vaadin/charts/InvientChartsConfig$SeriesConfig
at com.vaadin.event.ListenerMethod.receiveEvent(ListenerMethod.java:532)
at com.vaadin.event.EventRouter.fireEvent(EventRouter.java:164)
at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractComponent.fireEvent(AbstractComponent.java:1219)

What development environment are you running, and how are you packaging/compiling the project?