Access to template element from serverside

Hi!
How to access the template element (by the id attribute) from the java code on the server side?
In my case - how to access the elements inside the dom-repeat template (as shown below)?

<template>
	<template is="dom-repeat" items="[[fuels]
]">
		<div id="fuel-[[item.id]
]">
			<div id="fuel-name-[[item.id]
]">[[item.name]
]</div>
			... some elements with ids ...
		</div>
	</template>
</template>
public class FuelView extends PolymerTemplate<FuelView.MyModel> {
	@EventHandler
    void fireSomeButtonClick(...) {
		// Get access to fuel elements now...
		// As in the templatizer - find children by id (recursively)... but for templated element getChildren() is empty.
	}
}

If you have dom-repeat, you need to use @RepeatIndex annotation in your event handler, something like

@EventHandler
    void fireSomeButtonClick(@RepeatIndex int itemIndex) {
	     getModel().getFuels().get(itemIndex) ...
	}
}

Tatu Lund:

No, I don’t need access to the model data (it’s easy). I need to access the web elements (as com.vaadin.flow.dom.Element or vaadon flow Component) from java. When UI is generated programmatically from java, there are no problems with such access.

// for sample 
	void test() { 
	     getElementById("fuel-name-1").ifPresent(e -> {;
			 e.setEnabled(false);
			 e.getClassList().clear();
			 e.getThemeList().add("sometheme");
		 });
	}

// Search by Id for all children... but FuelView is templated, shadowroot and childlist are empty!

public Optional<Element> getElementById(String id) {
        if (id == null || !getElement().getShadowRoot().isPresent()) return Optional.empty();
        return getElement().getShadowRoot().get().getChildren().flatMap(this::flattenChildren)
                .filter((element) -> id.equals(element.getAttribute("id"))).findFirst();
    }

private Stream<Element> flattenChildren(Element node) {
        return node.getChildCount() > 0 ? node.getChildren().flatMap(this::flattenChildren) : Stream.of(node);
    }
}