AbstractCommunicationManager handleVariableBurst / Ignoring variable change

Sometimes i am geeting these warning within my vaadin application:

Jul 29, 2011 1:55:44 AM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager handleVariableBurst
WARNING: Warning: Ignoring variable change for non-existent component, VAR_PID=PID55

Can anybody help me?


make sure you have this in your web.xml:


I got the same problem too and this solved my problem.

This means that the client has sent a state update message for a component that has already been removed from the view by the server. Getting such messages occasionally can be normal, especially if your application has multiple threads updating the UI (with correct synchronization), as the view can have changed on the server without the client (browser) being informed of the change. Also e.g. failure to recompile the widgetset after updating add-ons or misbehaving add-ons have been known to cause such messages.

If you see lots of these or if you see other symptoms, more information is needed to find out what is the cause.

The advice about GAEApplicationServlet only applies if you are running your application on Google App Engine.

I’m getting the same warning message when I removed some component from container and then I try to access to it from this container. Example:

private HorizontalLayout container = new HorizontalLayout();
private Button component = new Button();
public void addAtFirst() {
    component.addListener(new ClickListener() { 

public void removeAtSecond() {
    // container.requestRepaint(); // uncomment this to solve problem !

public void doSomethingOnTheEnd() {
    component.setCaption("This went wrong");

So NOT forget to repaint parent container if you remove some component from it! This helped for me.

Hi All,
I also face the same issue, It showing ‘Out of sync’ while clicking on button, and also showing 3 nested window on clik on process,
It got fixed once I have changes the “activiti.ui.jsdiagram = false” in “ui.properties” under classes folder.

Now its working fine.