7.5.0.beta1 Grid Hiding Column Issue

Hi Guys,

Playing with the 7.5.0.beta1 version of Grid and column hiding and i’m coming across a couple of issues.

First one, is when I populate the columns (using setDataSource), then attempt to hide some of the columns, I get no columns showing and a client exception (as attached).

Hiding works fine if I set all the columns as visible, then hide them in the UI.

I’ve tested hiding all columns, and only some columns. It seems that if I attempt to “pre-hide” any columns at all, I get this error.

Code To Reproduce.

[code]
grid.addColumn(“Col1”)
grid.addColumn(“Col2”)
grid.addColumn(“Col3”)

grid.addRow(“Col1”, “Col2”, “Col3”)

grid.getColumn(“Col1”).setHidable(true)
grid.getColumn(“Col1”).setHidden(true) //This fails. Setting false renders fine.
[/code]Am I doing something wrong here, or is this just a bug?

~Ben

19801.png

Hi,

The 7.5 branch has still been under heavy development so this might have been fixed already. Could you verify with a nightly build (Maven version 7.5-SNAPSHOT)?

cheers,
matti

Yeah cool Matti, I figured that would likely be the case. I’ll update to SNAPSHOT today and let you know.

I’m new to working with your alpha / beta releases. Is there a central place to log things like this? Or is here in the forum the best for you?

~Ben

dev.vaadin.com is the place where you can report issues and follow development. This forum is good as well, but I’m afraid our “core developers” don’t follow this that often as dev.vaadin.com.

cheers,
matti

Hi Matti,

Can confirm same issue on 7.5.0.SNAPSHOT-258-9f6cfbce67583dd5c5133d1de5c1fedc58916de0 (28/May nightly)

I’m not sure how to log a ticket in the dev group. Am I able to just log in with my forum deets?

~Ben

Hi,

There is no single sign on so you need to create a separate account at dev.vaadin.com

cheers,
matti

Hi,

this sounds very much like https://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/18030 which has been fixed but is currently waiting in the review queue