23.2 breaks MultiSelectComboBox

Did anyone try the MultiSelectComboBox with Vaadin 23.2?

14:33:21 [vite] Internal server error: Failed to resolve import "@vaadin/combo-box/src/vaadin-combo-box-dropdown.js" from "node_modules\multiselect-combo-box\theme\lumo\multiselect-combo-box.js". Does the file exist?
  Plugin: vite:import-analysis
  File: C:/Users/simon/Workspace/Dynasoft/tosca-ui/tosca-develop/node_modules/.vite/deps/multiselect-combo-box_theme_lumo_multiselect-combo-box__js.js?v=12737da5
  243|  // node_modules/multiselect-combo-box/src/multiselect-combo-box-dropdown.js
  244|  import { html as html2 } from "@polymer/polymer/lib/utils/html-tag.js";
  245|  import { ComboBoxDropdown } from "@vaadin/combo-box/src/vaadin-combo-box-dropdown.js";
     |                                    ^
  246|  var MultiselectComboBoxDropdown = class extends ComboBoxDropdown {
  247|    static get is() {
      at formatError (file:///C:/Users/simon/Workspace/Dynasoft/tosca-ui/tosca-develop/node_modules/vite/dist/node/chunks/dep-0fc8e132.js:35330:46)
      at TransformContext.error (file:///C:/Users/simon/Workspace/Dynasoft/tosca-ui/tosca-develop/node_modules/vite/dist/node/chunks/dep-0fc8e132.js:35326:19)
      at normalizeUrl (file:///C:/Users/simon/Workspace/Dynasoft/tosca-ui/tosca-develop/node_modules/vite/dist/node/chunks/dep-0fc8e132.js:40255:33)
      at async TransformContext.transform (file:///C:/Users/simon/Workspace/Dynasoft/tosca-ui/tosca-develop/node_modules/vite/dist/node/chunks/dep-0fc8e132.js:40389:47)
      at async Object.transform (file:///C:/Users/simon/Workspace/Dynasoft/tosca-ui/tosca-develop/node_modules/vite/dist/node/chunks/dep-0fc8e132.js:35579:30)
      at async loadAndTransform (file:///C:/Users/simon/Workspace/Dynasoft/tosca-ui/tosca-develop/node_modules/vite/dist/node/chunks/dep-0fc8e132.js:39888:29)

There doesn’t seem to be any file named @vaadin/combo-box/src/vaadin-combo-box-dropdown.js anymore

https://github.com/vaadin/web-components/pull/3944

Tried the example from the docs in a 23.2.0 project and it’s working fine for me.

My project with 23.2.0 and multi select combo box (flow only) is working flawlessly as well using vite

Which version of the MultiSelectComboBox are you using @interesting-whale

@quirky-zebra

The default version provided by Vaadin 23.2.0

I see! I use the old one

And why is this not contained in the release notes!

It was a drop and replace for me / just import changes (expect the styling thing you probably have seen in general)

Looking at the docs → it was planned to be documented, but got removed https://github.com/vaadin/docs/issues/1606#issuecomment-1210349044

I think I will not be the only one overlooking the new component and having the same issue because a lot of people are using the old one

This would also fit into the “Changelog” docs page, if we had one