API for more web-oriented Vaadin applications
One of the goals of Vaadin 7 is (according to Joonas): "Window management should be completely revised to make supporting multi-window applications, tabbed navigation, bookmarking and web-style applications easy and logical."
I think that Navigator7 extactly addresses that.
API for more web-oriented applications.
- Notion of application level window that includes a page
- Easy navigation between pages
- Templating around pages (as header/footer/...)
- Support for fixed and fluid designs.
- Better support for multi-tab browsing.
- Rich URI analysis, with entry points for your persistency code (as JPA).
- Parameter injection (in page object's fields).
- SEO crawlable pages
- "confirm/save before leave" support
- general Interceptor (filter) mechanism
- batch jobs (needing to build URLs, i.e. for mails)
This is used in production for BlackBeltFactory.com.
This is version 7 because ... Vaadin 7 should improve to the point this addon is useless ;-) May be used to support discussion around Vaadin 7 API? [http://vaadin.com/web/joonas/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Vaadin_7_API]