Item Grid displays items of a container in a grid. Each cell can be rendered individually with a dedicated component.
Vaadin 14 version of this is a part of SuperFields
Item Grid is a data component (AbstractSelect). The items of the container data source are displayed in a grid.
The following properties of Item Grid can be modified:
- number of columns (setColumns / getColumns)
- whether or not items can be selected (setSelectable / isSelectable)
- currently selected item id (getValue / setValue)
- multi-selection (isMultiSelect / setMultiSelect) - from version 0.3.0
- no selection allowance (isNullSelectionAllowed / setNullSelectionAllowed) - from version 0.3.0
- item component generator (getItemComponentGenerator / setItemComponentGenerator), an interface with one method: getComponentForItem(Object itemId, Item item, boolean selected) which returns a com.vaadin.ui.Component
The following is on a todo list:
- allow customisation of built-in style names
- reordering items with drag and drop
The source code is included in the jar file and can be found in the issue tracker.