Component for selecting date ranges
InlineDateRangeField is a UI component add-on for Vaadin 8 that provides the possibility to select a range of dates. The add-on is based on the same client side widget as InlineDateField. As it extends AbstarctField, it is suitable for data binding with Binder. The range selection is currently supported by clicks/touch only. Selection works as follows:
If nothing is selected:
- The first click selects the first end of the interval
- The second click selects the second end of the interval. The interval is then highlighted.
If an interval is already selected:
- Clicking outside the interval extends the interval to the selected date
- Clicking on the start date or the end date collapses the interval to only include the date that was clicked
- Clicking inside the interval otherwise sets the end date to the date that was clicked.
The add-on supports setting limits on the possible interval to select from, just as the built-in DateFields.