HbnContainer is a data connector for Vaadin based on Hibernate. It is used for binding entities with database records to feed components like tables, forms and trees.
** Please note ** This project is inactive and in need of a maintainer. If you would like to take it over please fork it on github and add the support and features that you need. Because of its popularity I don't want to just take the codebase offline so if anyone has interest please take it over for the benefit of the community.
HbnContainer is a data connector for Vaadin based on the popular Hibernate ORM from JBoss. It is distributed as a Vaadin Add-on and it is used for binding entities with database records to feed components like tables, forms and trees.
- Vaadin 6 + Hibernate 3.x: HbnContainer 1.0
- Vaadin 6 + Hibernate 4.x: HbnContainer 1.1
- Vaadin 7 + Hibernate 4.x: HbnContainer 2.0
- HbnContainer is licensed under the Apache 2.0 License.
- You are free to use HbnContainer in commercial applications.
- I will maintain a branch for 1.1 code for bug fixes
- I currently have no plans to add features to 1.1
- New features will be added to 2.x only
- Please use the project page for reporting bugs
- Please use the project page for feature requests
- Please contribute any enhancements back to the community
Origins: HbnContainer originated with Matti Tahvonen at Vaadin who created it for an article explaining how to use Hibernate with Vaadin. I took over as maintainer in 2012 when Matti found that he didn't have time to maintain this project along with all the other work he was doing for Vaadin and for the open source community. Matti continues to advise and consult on this project occasionally, as needed.
Changes in version 2.0.1 November 6, 2012
HbnContainer will remain in beta until Vaadin 7 is released. The following changes have occurred:
- Support for Vaadin 7 beta7
- Ivy dependencies available on project wiki
- Fixed several bugs and added unit tests
- Replaced entity cache with a Google Guava LoadingCache
- Improved trace logging
As usual, please report bugs via the project page on GitHub. Suggestions for improvement are always welcome in the form of code or patch submissions.