This is a non UI component with which it is possible to get speech recognition (text to speech) in Vaadin!
Mozilla DeepSpeech with Vaadin
How it works:
This component is based on Mozilla DeepSpeech. More specifically on their web_microphone_websocket example. This implementation asks for microphone access and if granted, it records voice, sends it to a node.js server, which again sends the recognized text back. This text can then be processed in your Java code.
How to use:
- Get the Node.js server up and running. Here are the installation instructions.
- Grab yourself a copy of the downsampling_worker.js file. Place this file in the
projectRoot/src/main/webapp/folder. (Or wherever the file will become available under yourdomain.com/downsampling_worker.js)
- Go to your projects root directory and run
npm add socket.io
- Add the maven dependency to your pom.xml
- Use the component in your Vaadin application (see the code samples).
For more Information about this project see the GitHub repository.