A command-line interface (CLI) for creating all kinds of text consoles for Vaadin applications.
Because sometimes a text based interface is more easier to use than a GUI.
With Console you can add a command line interfaces to your web application. Use it for SQL query interface, admin shell, test interface, build integration, etc.
- Supports raw line-based input, predefined commands, and basic control characters.
- Built-in argument parsing. Supports grouping with double quotes.
- Simple command/callback mechanism to quickly add new console commands
- Command history
- Terminal-like scrollable buffer
- Following control characters are supported: BELL (^G), TAB (^I), LINE_FEED (^J) , FORM_FEED (^L), CARRIAGE_RETURN (^M).
- Bash-like command completion using TAB
- Bash-like "visual bell"
- PrintStream implementation for redirecting output to console (even System.out or System.err).
- Custom command prompt and greeting message
- Set size either using width/height or rows/columns
- 'ObjectInspector' helper to expose properties and methods in any Java object to the Console as commands.
Note: Since version 1.1.6 the Console add-on requires Widget RPC add-on.