A ComponentRenderer for the Vaadin Grid
CAUTION!!! Does NOT support Vaadin 8 Grid. Only Vaadin 7 compatibility Grid. Version 2.0.0 runs with Vaadin 8 but is only compatible with Vaadin 8 V7 compatibility layer components. For Vaadin 7 you can still use the latest 1.X.X Version which is stable.
Vaadin 8.1 supports components out-of-the box: https://demo.vaadin.com/sampler/#ui/grids-and-trees/grid/component-renderer
Renders standard Vaadin components in the grid.
Online Demo User: demo Pw: demo
For a full description see the Readme
For usage, look at the demo-source-code: Link to Source-Code of the Demo UI
- Plain Java server side coding, as usual
- Standard Tooltips work
- Components can be combined in layouts (e.g. multiple images in a horizontal layout)
- Works with static columns, generated columns or Converters
- Standard ValueChange/ClickListeners
- Supports Keyboard-Navigation (ENTER focuses the component inside the cell or its input field if it has one, ESC switches the focus back to the surrounding cell, so navigating through the grid with the arrow keys can continue)
- Open and Close the row-details with CTRL + DOWN and CTRL + UP
- Preserve the grid focus on manual triggered refresh
- HeaderGenerator to easily set column headers e.g. from ResourceBundles
- creates component editor fields for the grid editor
- Components inside a cell should have fixed sizes, otherwise all browsers expect Chrome do lots of measurements and relayout which slows down rendering
Bugs & Features
Please report bugs or feature-wishes in the github issue-tracker to further improve this renderer.
Use the renderer
Add the maven dependency to your pom then recompile the widgetset.
Have a look at the demo app, you can start it with:
cd componentrenderer-demo mvn jetty:run