It’s been just over half a year since we introduced Hilla: A new open-source framework from Vaadin that helps you build reactive Java-based business applications faster. Hilla is designed for teams that want to combine a TypeScript frontend with a Spring Boot Java backend. Today, we are excited to announce our latest development to the framework...
That’s where Hilla comes in.
Hilla is a full-stack platform that boosts developer productivity so that application teams can create modern business applications even more quickly than with React alone.
Here’s how Hilla helps. With Hilla you can:
- Develop faster with auto-generated code for communication between the front and backend, eliminating the need to create a REST API.
- Discover and fix errors earlier thanks to end-to-end type safety.
- Build beautiful UIs more quickly with 45+ UI components and a customizable base theme.
- Simplify security with endpoints that are secured by default and validation that ensures data integrity across the server and client.
- Get started quickly with a zero-configuration toolchain for building both your UI and back end.
React support for Hilla is officially available on December 14, 2022. Go to GitHub for the Beta release if you’re eager to try it already.
Not using React? Hilla also works with Lit!
Learn more at hilla.dev and follow us on Twitter @hillaframework.
While Vaadin Flow is thriving, some developers tell us they use different frameworks for different applications depending on the desired architecture and the skills available in the team. Hence, Hilla. If you are one of those developers for whom Hilla is a fit, we’d love you to consider adding HiIla to your toolkit.
Coming SoonUsing React with Java? Hilla can help
Find out how you can use Hilla + React to build applications faster and easier than just using React alone.Learn about Hilla